Saturday, April 6, 2019

Your Output Should Not Exceed Your Intake

I often describe myself as a workaholic, which is a critique of my inability to keep things under control; in perspective. The end result is that I burn the candle at both ends and eventually find my effectiveness faltering. It forces me to sit down and consider what fills me and what depletes me; how do I re-adjust my actions to ensure I am not allowing myself to become depleted.

Family, friends, reading, writing, supper club, a good movie, a good 5K, and church all serve to fill me. Work, school, home projects, and other daily events deplete me. When I take on more at work than I should, which is often, I work more hours and find myself becoming depleted. The end result is more output than intake and that can be dangerous. I become tired, anxious, emotional and feel like things are falling apart. It is a mistake that can lead to serious health problems.

Avoiding becoming depleted means being self-aware, taking note when you start to feel overwhelmed and doing something about it. Increasing the intake of those things that fill you, energize you and make you smile is critical. Greater intake will balance you and make the output more positive, leading to greater success. Take the time to think about what you need to do to increase your intake so as to ensure your output never exceeds it. Just a little advise to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment