Sunday, March 29, 2015

Lord Help Me In My Unbelief!

Jesus Heals a Boy with an Unclean Spirit-Mark 9
Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!” And when Jesus saw that a crowd came running together, he rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “You mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.” And after crying out and convulsing him terribly, it came out, and the boy was like a corpse, so that most of them said, “He is dead.” But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose.

It is so easy to claim we believe, but it takes a great deal of courage to admit our unbelief.  Yes, we publicly proclaim our faith in Christ and our belief in God's word as truth.  But for many of us if the truth be known, we are like this boy's father, we believe but we also doubt.  The doubt we feel becomes like a wall obstructing our ability to see God's miracle come to fruition in our lives.

From the most simplest of challenges to the most complicated, we believe but we don't believe with the certainty Christ calls us to have.  Like his most dedicated disciples we fail in our belief because of a lack of deep prayer, the kind of intense prayer that builds our belief to the point of certainty required for His miracles to take place.  God I believe, but help me overcome my unbelief so that your miracles become a permanent reality in my every day walk with you!  Amen!  Just a little advice to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment