Sunday, March 1, 2015

God I Need You Always!

After more than a week of feeling ill an experiencing pain throughout my body, I found myself on my knees asking for God’s healing.  Suddenly my mind went to the constant pain so many experience day after day.  I cried before God and had to pray for his mercy and compassion for the many that are hurting.  Many are hungry, trapped by addiction, disenfranchised from their families, suffering the loss of a loved one, battling a terminal illness, and so much more.  

My illness and the pain I have felt reminds me that God’s word assures us he is our comforter, our healer, our deliverer, our light in the middle of the darkness, our peace, and our everything.  It is in the midst of the pain and the hurt that we often awaken to the realization that we need His presence with us every single minute of the day.  


God I pray you wrap your arms around each of us, holding us tightly, squeezing the pain out of us and embracing us with your love and peace.  Help us to remind each other of the urgent need to have you embrace us each and every moment of the day.  Just a little advice to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment