Monday, May 26, 2014

Upheld by God's Righteous Hand!

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Imagine straying from your father, rebelling, becoming homeless and ending up in jail.  That is the story a new friend, Josh, shared with me two weekends ago.  You see, my friend made mistakes that were costly and left him alone and forsaken.  He was released from jail and returned home to his father who accepted him with open arms and some pretty strict restrictions.  He faced some tough challenges but soon found himself with the opportunity to come home to his Spiritual father.  He gave his life to Christ, surrendering to him and repented from his sins.  He began a new journey that would lead him to marriage, the mission fields of Africa and Ecuador and the blessing of a son.  

There is a lot more to Josh's story, but just the little I've shared speaks to God's amazing grace and ability to transform us from fearful and dismayed to strengthened and upheld.  God will uphold each and every one of us with his righteous hand, all we have to do is come home to him.  Just a little advice to go!

P.S. Josh will graduate from Cornell Law School next December and return to Arizona to practice law wherever God leads him.  Please keep him and his family in your prayers!



No comments:

Post a Comment