Monday, May 5, 2014

Fighting Discontentment, A Worthy Battle!


I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks Himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with jewels. Isaiah 61:10 

This is the day that The Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalms 118:24

Pray for me!  Recently the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart about how often I neglect God's word, failing to live it each and every day.  It is easy to live in discontentment focused on all that is wrong; the challenges at work, at home, and in your spiritual walk.  Before you know it, the obstacles become so difficult that you find yourself sounding and acting as a defeated person.  Somehow the fact that you are surrounded by numerous blessings bypasses you and you reflect a spirit of discontentment believing that everything is wrong and subject to criticism.  


Thank God for the faithful servants he utilizes to speak to our lives and to help us battle the lies of the enemy.  In my case a friend patiently lsitened to my complaints and then asked the key question, "so tell me about what is going right"?  Right then and there God began to move my spirit reminding me of all the blessings he placed in my life.  Several days later I heard a message on the subject of discontentment and thought, there He goes again reminding me to stand up and rejoice.  Finally, yes I am a bit slow, I turned on the television and heard a message on defeating the spirit of discontentment and knew it was time to stop complaining and strart rejoicing.  Wow, what a difference when you can start the day by rejoicing and being glad for the gift of salvation, for the robes of righteousness, and the ornaments that he bestows upon us.  Yes, this is the day The Lord has made, I will be glad and rejoice in it!  Just a little advice to go! 


No comments:

Post a Comment