Sunday, October 6, 2013

Be Who You Want To Be!

Sometimes we think that it is impossible to become the person we want to be, but God tells us that there is no such thing as impossible.  Becoming a certain kind of person is only possible if we work at it, trusting in God's Spirit to help get us there.  If you find yourself saying I wish I could be more caring, more helpful around the house, a better friend, a better father and/or a better husband, then start putting a plan together to be better in those areas.

Putting the plan together sometimes requires some research; like asking our children how we can be better fathers, our wives on how we can be better husbands, and the Lord on how we can be better followers.  By being better followers we accomplish the other improvements we are trying to make.

I have been praying and asking God to make me a better servant and to help me better in a variety of other areas.  I am not focused on what others are not doing but on those who are doing the things I want to do.  I am looking at believers who are practicing behaviors that I want to practice and learning from their experiences.  I may not be perfect in any of these areas, but I continue to strive towards perfection, to run that race hoping to finish as someone who ran it well and achieved victory.

Be who you want to be, by putting a plan together that aligns with God's word, praying for his guidance, working with other believers, and trusting God that this is a race you can win!  Just a little advice to go.


Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us...  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment