Sunday, August 25, 2013

Who Do You Say I Am?

In Mark chapter 8, we read about the conversation that Christ had with the disciples where he asked them who the people said he was and the answer varied demonstrating the confusion that existed.  Some thought he was John the Baptist or Elijah, others a prophet but then Jesus asked the disciples the tough question, who do you say I am?  Peter, always quick to respond, immediately proclaimed you are the Christ the son of the living God.

How awesome that Peter knew who Jesus truly was, but would you be able to respond the same way?  Do you accept that He is your savior, the one who died for your sins so that through his blood sacrifice all your sins would be forgiven?  How would you answer the question, is your life a genuine reflection of the Godly principles Christ lived?  Perhaps it is time that we each asked ourselves who we say he is?  Do our actions say he is our Lord, do our words reflect his love and purity, do others sense a difference about us because of that unique spirit that dwells within us, and can we shout that Jesus is Lord with the confidence that God would not look away from us?

I say he is my Lord and Savior; all that I am is focused on honoring him both in my private and public behavior.  Everyday is an opportunity to be more like Jesus, to love and care for others with the same patience, understanding, and kindness he provided.  I say he is my Lord, my beginning and end, my lily of the valley, my bright and morning star, and the one who is and will forever be.  Praise God!  Just a little advice to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment