Sunday, October 11, 2015

Faith Always Trumps Works!

This morning as I read and caught up on some of my devotional readings, God reminded me that it is not how hard I work at applying His teachings to my daily living practices that matters most.  It is my commitment to simply believe, without evidence of his existence that He is truly God!  Wow!

How often do we pray for God to reveal himself to us in some way and often He does.  But the reality is this request is without merit as he does not have to reveal Himself, we simply need to practice faith.  The bible tells us in Hebrews 11:1 the following:  Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.  It goes on in the same chapeter, verse 6 to say: And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

In the end, it is our commitment to believe in God's existence regardless of any evidence of it, that truly defines us as believers.  If you are like me, someone who has always been taught to find the evidence and proof of the truth; to get the facts (my law enforcement training), then you need to remember this does not apply to our faith in God.  When it comes to Him, we simply believe!  Just a little advice to go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment