Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Live the Gift of Life!

Recently I participated in a basic yoga training class, a gift from a friend.  The first thing they taught was the importance of controlling how I breathe.  Sounded silly at first but little by little I began to practice controlling my breathing; taking deep steady slow breaths learning to relax my body, making it easier to focus my mind and thoughts.  I thought of Adam, the first man God created and how he breathed life into his body.  His lungs expanded and posture straightened as he began his first day of life, exploring all that surrounded him.  How awesome!

God spoke to my heart reminding me to take the time to slow down, breathe deeply, straighten up, relax and look around.  Like Adam, I began to notice the awesomeness of all that God has created the natural world that surrounds me.  Acknowledging the awesomeness of all that breathes and lives is important and requires that we stop, take a deep breath, relax, and open our eyes wide.  Value each moment of each day and celebrate the gift of life.  Love and care for those God has placed near to your heart, they are a gift to be valued and cared for.  Live!   Just a little advice to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment